The Benevolent Society
HELPING THOSE IN NEED
The Benevolent Society, charitable society of the British Allied Trades Federation financially assists individuals that have worked within the giftware, jewellery, surface engineering, travel goods andfashion accessories industries. The society also helps individuals starting or progressing their career journeys in these industries through bursaries to help with their studies.
The Benevolent Society helps those in need in a number of ways:
- By giving regular grants.
providing essential items such as cookers, fridge freezers, bed linen and television licence fees.
- In some cases interest free loans are granted.
- Providing bursaries for students.
- Each year all beneficiaries are invited to on a day trip funded by the Society. This has proven to be a fun day out, greatly enjoyed by all attendees. For some of the beneficiaries this excursion may be the only outing they have all year.
- The annual Benevolent Society Ball is held to raise money for The Benevolent Society. This popular event is always a great night out - featuring live bands, DJ’s and auctions, it’s an event not to be missed!
The Benevolent Society is a registered charity (no. 208722) and is therefore reliant on fundraising and donations to be able to keep running. For further information or to make a donation please contact Laura Banner on 0121 236 2657 or Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting our members with expert knowledge and services.